Reporting to: Senior Managers and Owners (Tom and Andreas)
Salary: Paid weekly, one week in lieu via BACS. Pay specified in offer of employment letter.
+ Share of tips.
Hours: Permanent employment on a zero (0) hours basis.
Place of work: The Longholme Café & Hire, The Embankment, Bedford, MK40 3QF
The Longholme Café and Hire’s Supervisors should show great care with our guests to ensure all Food and Beverage requests are met and that customer service is a priority in everything they do.
Attention to detail is essential and the ability to work accurately and quickly in this small busy café is crucial.
New supervisors will be those that stay with us as we grow and take the business to the next level using their passion for people and quality to achieve this.
Our Supervisors act as a role model to the rest of the company’s staff and guests with great appearance, attitude and punctuality. The guest experience is always exemplary following company standards and delivering fantastic guest contact.
Key responsibilities & duties
· Oversee all front and back of the house cafe operations.
· Lead and work by example, show a great working attitude to guests and team members.
· Support the manager on duty as required.
· Preparing food and beverages for customers and maintain quality control for all food and beverage served.
· Working with cash and card transactions at the till.
· Serving guests at the table using trays, cleaning tables and generally keeping the venue clean and tidy.
· Maintain guest satisfaction through promoting excellent service, encouraging others to do the same through training.
· Deal with complaints, effectively and professionally.
· Oversee all hire facilities at the venue.
· Analyse staff evaluations and feedback to improve the customer’s experience
· Take responsibilities for food hygiene, keeping standards to a maximum level on site and ensuring all company standards are adhered to.
· Take responsibilities for Health and Safety in the workplace.
· Ensure opening and closing procedures are always met.
· To act as a mentor for all staff.
· Assist the senior management team with staff training for both new employees and provide ongoing training for all staff.
· Maintaining standards & call out mistakes. Assisting senior management with any other essential duties for best operation of the business.
· Record discrepancies & waste to senior management. Look for ways to cut waste and decrease operational costs.
· Understand cash up procedure & implicate.
· Monitor stock rotation & order schedule.
· Undertake regular supplier ordering as per the schedule with authorisation from senior management.
· Team welfare: To communicate staff enquiries and/or concerns to the senior management so as to effectively evaluate and help develop the team.
· Understand management goals and objectives: Communicate management goals and objectives to the rest of the team and assist the management in achieving these.
· Existing Team Development: Communicate with the management team any areas in which you feel require development. Pro-actively suggest team incentives or ideas for training workshops.
· Assist the management team with continuous updating of staff notice boards with relevant information.
· Help to pro-actively lead team incentives.
· To attend meetings with the management team to discuss company progression.
· The ability to work with the public in a polite & productive manner is crucial.
· Our supervisor should be happy working in a busy environment and always be approachable and friendly.
· Our supervisor should be able to prioritise the needs of the guests while not allowing the business operation to suffer.
· The supervisor must have a can-do attitude with a positive outlook on the industry.